CDM (Copy Data Management) is an huge thing right now for AFA vendors, each product try to position itself as an ideal platform for it but like anything else, the devil is in the details.
If you are new to this concept, I would encourage you to start here:
and then view the following 3 videos Yoav Eilat did with a great partner of ours, WWT
done watching all the videos and still not convinced? How should you test the your AFA Vs the others? Its pretty simple actually
- Fill you AFA with Data (preferably DB’s)
- Take plenty of snapshots of the same DB
- Present these snapshots to your DB host and run IO against them (using SLOB for example)
- Do you see a performance hit of your parental volume compared to the snapshots volume – red flag!
- Delete some snapshots and see what happens
You’ll thank me later.