We’ve just GAd AppSync 3.0.2 which includes the following new features and enhancements:
1. Hotfix/Patch improvement – Starting in AppSync 3.0.2, hotfix/patch is delivered as an executable like the AppSync main installer. A single patch will install both the AppSync server and the AppSync agent hotfixes. You can push the hotfix to both UNIX and Windows agents from the AppSync server.
2. Agent deployment and discovery separation – Enables the deployment of the agent even if discovery fails across all supported AppSync applications including Microsoft applications, File system and Oracle.
3. Event message accuracy and usefulness
The installation and deployment messages have been enhanced to provide more specific information that helps in identifying the cause of the problem.
All AppSync error messages have been enhanced to include a solution.
4. Unsubscribe from subscription tab – You can now easily unsubscribe applications from the Subscription tab of a service plan.
5. Storage order preference enhancement – You can now limit the copy technology preference in a service plan by clearing the storage preference options you do not want.
6. FSCK improvements – You can now skip performing a file system check (fsck) during a mount operation on UNIX hosts.
7. Improve SRM support – For RecoverPoint 4.1 and later, AppSync can now manage VMWare SRM managed RecoverPoint consistency groups without manual intervention. A mount option is now available to automatically disable the SRM flag on a consistency group before enabling image access and returning it to the previous state after the activity.
8. XtremIO improvements
a. Reduces the application freeze time during application consistent protection.
b. Support for XtremIO version earlier than 4.0.0 has been discontinued.
9. Eliminating ItemPoint from AppSync – ItemPoint is no longer supported with AppSync.Users cannot perform item level restore for Microsoft Exchange using ItemPoint with AppSync.
10. XtremIO and Unity performance improvement – Improved operational performance of Unity and XtremIO.
11. Serviceability enhancements – The Windows control panel now displays the size and version of AppSync.
The AppSync User and Administration Guide provides more information on the new features and enhancements. The AppSync Support Matrix on https://elabnavigator.emc.com/eln/modernHomeDataProtection is the authoritative source of information on supported software and platforms